Terms And Conditions
Terms and Conditions of MB Academy/Clinic
Private courses: The Guild/VTCT/CPD
Private Beauty Therapy Courses
Private courses can be tailored to the individual and their requirements, various courses are available from qualifications to refresher courses.
Full payment is required in order to secure your place on the course. Payment plans can be put in place if required, please contact the school for more details. Please note that payments are non-refundable but may be re-applied to another course commencement date, if notice of at least 4 weeks is given to the School subject to an emergency situation, however there will be an administration fee of £50. Once payment has been received by MB Academy you will receive a confirmation letter with your training manual or 1st lesson via email.
Guild - One/two day Diplomas: Course work
You will be given a question paper which must be completed before the day of the course. You can forward the paper via email or post. This requires some pre-course reading of the manual.
MB Clinic will provide all students with a relevant training manual; it will be e-mailed prior to the start
date. This covers the course material and all techniques you will learn. This makes it easier for you to
remember the routine without having to make notes. After the course, you are required to practice on
family and friends until you are confident.
We recommend reading the course training manual sent to you before your course. You may be asked
to complete case studies by your tutor. Before a certificate is given (this will help with you practice and
We are an accredited and recognised training school - enabling you to practice professionally and gain insurance.
Certificates are sent in the post and by email, once students have demonstrated that they are competent in carrying out a safe practical treatment and complete the final written exams. On completion of your final assessments you will receive an MB Clinic Diploma or VTCT certificate depending on the route taken. As with all qualifications, the tutor will use professional knowledge to judge competency.
To ensure good practice, should the tutor feel that you would benefit from further training, your certification will be withheld and you will offered the opportunity to attend the next available course that has a space. You must reach the correct standard to enable MB Clinic to issue you with a certificate.
Biscuits and coffee/tea will be served mid morning after your theory session. Water and juice will also
be available throughout the course. Please inform the Academy if you have any food allergies,
intolerance's or preferences. Please bring a light lunch if you are attending full day training.
Please inform your tutor if you have any medical conditions.
MB Clinic will provide all products and equipment whilst training with exceptions. Kits will be available
Available on the website and we can arrange to suite personal your requirements.
- Cancellation of any course is required by telephone at least 28 days prior to the course
commencing. No refund will be issued by MB Academy; however your course fee can be transferred onto another course (if an emergency situation arises).
- In the event of a student failing to attend or complete a course or assessment, for any reason, no refunds will be made by MB Academy although a later course date may be arranged if the next course is not already booked. There will be an administration fee of £50.
- It may be necessary for the student to pay an additional fee if they have missed an assessment, or their model fails to turn up.
General Booking Terms
- The minimum age for entry is 16 years (there is no upper age limit)
- In order to apply for a place on one of our courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, ortelephone 01484 541672 or 0777 609 5382. Once you have paid, you will be sent a confirmation letter, via email, detailing the course dates and any course requirements. Please note that payments, including deposits are non-refundable but may be re-applied to another commencement date, if notice of at least 28 working days is given to the School
- No previous experience is required on most courses but please check the pre-requisites for each course. A good general education is essential and you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Please contact MB Academy regarding course dates.
- It may be necessary for MB Academy to cancel or re-schedule the course due to unforeseen circumstances; if this occasion should arise, an alternative date will be given. If the date offered is unsuitable, MB Academy will refund any fees paid.
- Course fees include tuition, training materials, resources and electronic manuals as deemed appropriate by MB Academy for each course. Water will also be provided during attendance.
- Course fees do not include additional items where required, such as student work wear and practical items such as beauty/holistic kits for home practice or text books. These items are an additional expense to be met by the student. Kits may be purchased from MB Academy which may also provide information for purchase of other items from wholesalers.
- MB Academy reserves the right to decline applications.
- It is acknowledged that all intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents, design rights and know how in or relating to the course or course materials provided or made available in connection with the course, remain the sole property of MB Academy. No copies of course materials or any usage of or reference to MB Academy name may be made unless it has been agreed in writing in writing by the Academy.
- All students are required to observe and abide by all policies regarding health and safety, security, student conduct and any other regulations as set out by MB Academy.
- It is the course applicant’s responsibility, having referred to relevant sources of course information, to ensure that the course in all of its aspects is suitable for her/his requirements, and that they are able to commit to all course dates prior to the course commencing. MB Academy is happy to provide advice but accepts no liability in the event that the content of the course, any changes to course timetables, structure or cancellation where necessary does not meet individual requirements. Once an application has been received and processed by MB Academy and a course place allocated, the applicant will be subject to and in agreement with all conditions as set out herein by MB Academy.
The terms and conditions set out herein are a complete statement of the agreement between the
course applicant and MB Academy and supersede all discussions, correspondence and representations
made prior to the date of booking. In order to avoid disappointment, we recommend early reservation
as the courses are in demand and places are limited.